Sending Files with Thru for IBM Notes
Thru for IBM Notes allows a user to create an email and attach local files/folders and files/folders stored in Thru Cloud of any size for secure delivery.
- To create a new Thru email, click on Send Thru button on Thru Emails tab.
On first use, the following confirmation message is displayed.
Please select the button that says, "Start trusting the signer to execute this action."
Click OK once it is selected.
- A new Thru message form shown below is displayed with the following parameters.
Clicking on To, Cc and Bcc buttons opens the standard IBM Notes dialog boxes to select message recipients in the IBM Notes Address Book.
- [To] – To recipients list should contain at least one recipient in a new distribution. This field may be empty in an edited distribution (100 characters maximum per address).
- [Cc] – Carbon Copy Recipients: Enter email address(es) as a CC. All To and CC Recipients will be visible to each other. This field may be empty.
- [Bcc] – Blind Copy Recipients: Enter email address(s) as a BCC. All To and CC Recipients will be visible, while any Bcc recipients will not be displayed. You may add your own email address here if you would like to get a copy of the Thru email, or you may leave this field empty. Auto Bcc is also available by modifying your Thru Preferences.
- [Subject] – Subject: Email subject line for Thru message (200 characters maximum). This field may be left empty.
- [Expires] – Expires field: Allows for manual entry of an expiration date that removes the file from download availability. The selection of the desired date is similar to the standard Notes field for entering dates. The default expiration date is set in the Administration section of Thru site.
- [Attach] Paper clip icon – Clicking on the Attach paper clip icon displays Thru attachment window where users can select both local and cloud files and folders to send with Thru message in any mix.
Note: Total size for all local attachments is limited by 2 GB. The size of cloud attachments is unlimited.
Removal of a single attachment is performed by a selection of the desired file and click on the single paper clip icon with the X sign. All attachments can be cleared at once by clicking on the double paper clip icon with the X sign. The two icons are shown below circled in red.
- [Public Message tab] – Enter text here and it will be sent as a regular email message and it will be visible to all recipients of the message.
- [Private Message tab] – The message is sent as a private message available over an encrypted connection. A private message will be visible by the recipients in the browser over an encrypted HTTPS connection after recipients click on Thru link contained in the email. This field is optional.
- Notify Me when the file(s) have been collected – Notify me when the file(s) have been collected checkbox is checked by default. The flag instructs the server to send a notification email when a recipient downloads any of the files in the Thru message.
- Request Login – Checkbox Request Login instructs the server to protect the link to the files sent in Thru email. Recipients will have to self-register to get access to the files. The default state of this checkbox is set in the site Administration/ Messages section. If default status is Never or Always, the checkbox is not displayed. If the state is User Choice, the checkbox is displayed and available for change by a user.
- [Send Thru] – Clicking Send Thru sends the composed message to the intended recipients.